Thursday, June 15, 2006

Day 8: London


Not much to report as I spend most of the day in business meetings at Canary Wharf.

In the early evening, England play Trinidad & Tobago. Throughout the city, massive screens have been erected for public viewing areas, but the police have instructed they cannot show the football, even England games, after violence at the first game. So they show the tennis and everyone ignores them - what a lost opportunity. Instead, I watch the game in a smoky pub where the girl in front of me goes through ten cigarettes and three beers during the game. Darling, you'll never play for England at anything except darts if you treat yourself like that. England start to look half decent when they take Owen off, and we all go mental when Rooney is introduced. Such is the excitement, the girl in front of me puts down her cigarette for moment. The photograph shows celebrations after England wins 2-0.

I go for long rides on double decker buses among a Monopoly board of locations, as if I'm a piece on the board. For some reason, nobody gives me £200 each time I pass Mayfair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home